Friday, 13 July 2012

Germany Day 1 (5th of July 2012)


Oh I was soo excited!! I had my alarm to ring at 3 am and our cab picked us up (me and my family) an hour later. I was pretty tired because I'd only had two hours of sleeps because it took some time for me to finish my packing. Our flight left to Frankfurt am Main and we got stuck there trying to get a cab to the hotel. Finally we got a suspicious cab driver who was willing to drive us with our Huge luggage (we had dads bike with us). So when we came to our hotel I got the keys to our room and the room was under my name so I just had to take a picture of it! It looked so grown up hehe...



Then we left the hotel to grab a bite to eat. It took some time, but then we found this cute little bakery which had these amazing roasted breads. The place was so sweet and they barely spoke any english so I had to practice my german, but they were so nice!


I just love the architecture in Frankfurt,
They've mixed old and new.
You have a gorgeous old house on your left
And to your right there's a skyscraper.

After our lunch we were supposed to go to Häagen-Dazs for desert, but we just fell asleep. So we had our desert like three hours later...  But when we finally left the hotel, with a map of course, we found ourselves sitting at a table in Häagen-Dazs! Well, actually we went there on purpose. See I promised my dear friend Nikita that I'd end my "herkku-lakko" with some Häagen-Dazs ice-cream, because I hadn't tried it before. I had the delicious summer cone with the strawberry cheesecake and caramel biscuit and cream flavors. It was the first time I had ice-cream in six months! and during this time I lost 7.5 kg! Yaj me!
The Zeil

It was so hot out so we had to sit inside with the AC


Häagen-Dazs summer cone 8.40 €

Nutella!

After desert we tried to find a normal grocery store, but dude that was a challenge! There were seriously not any grocery stores or supermarkets in Frankfurt. But we finally found a gourmet grocery store, after a bit of questing. It was a lot like Stockmann's Herkku, with small stands of all kind of stuff like freshly baked bread and sushi. BUT the coolest thing was the 5 kg jar of Nutella! We thought buying it but it would have been a forth of the weight of the bag on the way home, so we decided that it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do...





No comments:

Post a Comment